Tuesday, October 27, 2009


The Quick & Dirty EP Release!!!
Fall is here and the season of Scorpio is upon us! Although it’s getting colder and I’m usually not ready when that happens, this is my favorite season because I am a fall baby.

It was a great summer, but after seeing my band for the first time last week I realized that the summer was all about getting ready for Michigan and I hadn’t seen my boys in a while. I missed them.

I am back with the crew to get ready for the release of my album The Quick & Dirty EP on Friday, November 20th at Littlefield in Brooklyn, NY. Yes it’s a Brooklyn thing people. The album was recorded in Brooklyn, live at Southpaw during Brooklyn Pride. There are also four bonus track on the EP! I am so proud to say that besides working on the project with my awesome band, the project features remixes by Ian Friday (Tea Party Music/Libation), Lionel Sanchez Jr. (Audioglyph Prodcutions) and Daz-I-Kue (I-Kue Productions/Bugz in the Attic). One of the bonus tracks will only be available on the hard copy, but I’m not going to tell you which one. So some of you digital babies might have to break down and actually buy a CD.

The night of the show my new favorite band, California King, is going to warm up the stage for me. DJ Ian Friday will be on wheels and there are more special guests to be announced. The show is on a Friday night so all my close out of town folks, take a half-day and come on through. I would love to see my people from Philly, MA and DC in the house! Maybe ATL too! Holla!

Boldaslove.us Presents: Fire in the Dark
I’m so excited to be a part of this compilation! It’s so wonderful to be in the company of these other stellar artists some of whom are friends. The best part about this compiliaton is that you can download the whole album for FREE. Yes FREE! So take advantage.

I’m always hearing complaints from people about how there is no good music out there, well here it is and it’s free…for now. So jump on it and add some cool music to your MP3 player. Stretch your musical mind.


DOWNLOAD "FIRE IN THE DARK" HERE FOR FREE!!


Final word on the Triathlon
Although the tri is behind me, I know I’m going to do it again. It was such an amazing experience. I didn’t want to let that whole experience go without acknowledging who donated to the cause on my behalf. I raised $565 and I’m very proud of that. So I want to give a personal Thank You to:

Alexandra Sanidad
Dalila Bothwell
Dawn Raffel
Dwayne Shaw
Howard Haywood
Ian Friday
Jeff Jeudy
Joan James
Lee Lee
Linda S. Murray
M. Asli Dukan
Marya Wethers
Michael Ashanti
Philip Lee
Richard Jefferson
Ruth Altchek
Sara Zuiderveen
& all those who swam, biked and ran with me in spirit!


Personal Notes
I want to give love to my girls Somi and N’dami for releasing their new projects on October 13th. If you are not familiar with these ladies then please Google them and get up on it!



Congratulations are in order for my friend an long time background vocalist Achuziam Maha and her husband and my sometimes producer Lionel Sanchez Jr. on the their forthcoming bundle of joy. For those of you who have seen me live, not doubt you have seen Achuziam by my side and I’m happy to say that she is expecting. So please send her lots of good vibes and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment