Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WRFB: Radio Free Brooklyn: We found "The Lost Ones" (May 18)

Hey Everyone!
It was another great night at WRFB: Radio Free Brooklyn.  The theme for the evening was "The Lost Ones."  I know you may look at some of the names on my playlist and say, "Shelley, we know where D'Angelo is." Yes we know where he is, but was also know that D is a little lost right now. We love him dearly and have nothing but hugs and love for a brutha, but until I see an album in my hand then I don't believe it's coming.  That goes the same for Ms. Winehouse.

I did a little research on all the artists that I played on this show and I found out one big tidbit.  Lauryn Hill recently released a new album called Khulami Phase that only came out over seas.  There is a lot of speculation as to when the album was recorded, but nonetheless there it is.  I haven't heard it myself, but I thought that was pretty interesting.

If you are reading this and have any information about the artists listed that is NOT from Wikipedia holla at a sista.  Also if you want that Jamie Hawkins track leave me a comment with your email addy and I'll shoot it to you.

Thanks everyone and enjoy the music! Tune in next week when I'll be hitting you again with more of "My People."

Don't forget that Radio Free Brooklyn is on Every Tuesday from 7-11pm at www.brooklynmovielabs.com/radio and you can follow us at:

www.twitter.com/radiofreebklyn
www.radiofreebrooklynonline.blogspot.com
Email us at: radiofreebrooklynonline@gmail.com

Peace,
Shelley



1. Lauryn Hill - "Lost Ones" on The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998)

2. Jade - "Don't Walk Away" on Jade to the Max (1992)

3. D'Angelo - "Spanish Joint" on Voodoo (2000)

4. Sunshine Anderson - "He Said, She Said" on Your Woman (2001)

5. Blu Cantrell - "Hit "Em Up Style (Oops!)" on So Blu (2001)

6. Von Iva - "No Resistance" on Our Own Island (2007)

7. Amy Winehouse - "Fuck Me Pumps" on Frank (2003)

8. Jamie Hawkins - "Lost My Mind" on the Jamie Hawkins Sampler (2000)
[Note: This song is not available for purchase. If you want it, leave an comment and be sure to include your email addy and I'll forward it to you. It's a Jam!]

9. Jeru the Damaja - "Come Clean" on The Sun Rises in the East (1994)

10. Domino - "Sweet Potato Pie" on Domino (1993) [Can only be purchased on the Def Jam 10th Anniversary Box Set]

11. Donell Jones - "U Know What's Up" on Where I Wanna Be (1999)

12. Donnie - "Cloud 9" on The Colored Section (2002)

13. Lewis Taylor - "Lovelight" on Stoned Pt. 1 (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment