Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WRFB: Radio Free Brooklyn: It's June 22nd and I'm in a New York State of Mind

Hey Everyone,

Tonight was all about my New York City. Some of the songs are part of the pantheon of my life here in NYC, some are from New York based bands past and present and some of the songs just have the New York vibe.  For all of your music lovers you know what I mean. Some music just screams the region that it's from. There is a definite New York sound.

I'm happy to also let you know that there will be an archive of the shows very soon! I can't wait for you all to hear what I've been playing for the last few weeks. Sorry this has taken us so long to get going, but that's community radio folks.

Much love to my WRFB crew; YankeeZulu, Christian John Wikane and Rob Fields.  We are having such a great time bringing you the music that we love and inspires us. Remember to keep spreading the word about WRFB: Radio Free Brooklyn.

You can contact the station at:
www.twitter.com/radiofreebklyn
www.radiofreebrooklynonline.blogspot.com
Email us at: radiofreebrooklynonline@gmail.com
You can Listen to WRFB: Radio Free Brooklyn 
Every Tuesday from 7-11pm at www.brooklynmovielabs.com/radio

Drop us a line or follow us on Twitter and let us know what you think or please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you.

Thanks everyone and have a Happy Summer! It has officially begun.

Peace,
Shelley 

1. Mary J. Blige – “Be Happy” on My Life (1994)

2. B.B. & Q. Band - “Time For Love” on Brooklyn, Bronx & Queens Band (aka B.B. & Q. Band) (1981)

3. Colonel Abrams – “Trapped” on Colonel Abrams (1985)

4. A Tribe Called Quest – “Jazz” on The Low End Theory (1991)

5. Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five – “The Message” on The Message (1982)

6. Odyssey – “Native New Yorker” on Odyssey (1977)

7. Unlimited Touch – “I Hear Music In The Streets” on Search to Find the One (1983)

8. Musique – “In The Bush” on Keep on Jumpin’ (1978)

9. George Benson – “Give Me The Night” on Give Me The Night (1980)

10. Oleta Adams – “New York State Of Mind” on Evolution (1993)

New York State of Mind Archive! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. all of these cuts are so yummy! they actually tell the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete