Saturday, November 13, 2010

WRFB: Radio Free Brooklyn: You Call That 12-inches??!! (Nov. 9)

Hey Everyone,

Well I am finally up to speed with the playlists. It's been quite a busy fall to say the least. I'm not going to give you the wrap up just yet, but I did want to get you up to speed with the shows.  Last week I asked the burning question, "You Call That 12-inches??!!" It was such a fun show. I only played joints 6 minutes long or more.  I know I could have just done a Fela show, but I thought I would mix it up a bit.  I'm thinking that part 2 will be this week. It was just that good.  Long and Strong!!!

Enjoy the list and say tuned for more life details. It's time to blog again!

Peace!

1. Musique -“Keep On Jumpin'” (12") on Keep on Jumpin’ (1978) 7:02

2. Prince – “Let's Go Crazy” 12" (1984) 7:35 (The B-Side of this 12” was "Erotic City" (US) & "Take Me With You" (UK) On Purple Rain)

3. Jimi Hendrix (Band of Gypsys) - “Power to Love (Live)” on Band of Gypsys: Live @ the Filmore East) (1969 recorded, released 1970) 6:59

4. Jean Carne - “Was That All It Was” (Extended Version) on When I Find You Love (1979) Philidelphia International 7:49

5. The Rebirth – “Got Your Madness” (Unreleased Extended Version) on Jazz Re:Freshed Vol.1 (Disc 2) 8:51

6. T-Connection – “Do What You Wanna Do” on Do What You Wanna Do / At Midnight (12") (1977) 7:15

7. Stevie Wonder – “Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You)" on Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium 1 [Disc 1] and originally on Music of my Mind (1972) 7:59

8. Erykah Badu – “Time's A Wastin” on Mama's Gun (2000) 6:43

9. Fela Kuti - “Gentleman” on The Best Of Fela Kuti [Disc 1] and originally on Gentleman/Confusion (1973) 11:02

No comments:

Post a Comment