Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WRFB: Radio Free Brooklyn It's Sept. 14th and I'm "Covering" all my bases

Hey Everyone,

It's been quite a couple of weeks for me. So much so that I didn't even post last weeks playlist. Please forgive me. We had The Family Stand live in studio for two hours, which was nothing short of a treat. But it's time to bring things up to the present. I'll recap later.

This past Tuesday I realized that I hadn't done a cover show in a while. So I figured there is no time like the present.  Below is a list of covers and one cool remix.  Enjoy and see you next week!

Peace!


1. Sandra St. Victor – “Slippin' Into Darkness” on Gemini: Both Sides (2001) Original: WAR

2. Steel Pulse – “Can't Stand Losing You” on Reggatta Mondatta: Reggae Tribute to the Police (1997) Original: The Police

3. Brandi Carlile – “Heaven” on XOBC EP (2010) Original: Bryan Adams

4. Catherine Russell – “Someday You'll Want Me to Want You” on Cat (2006) Original: The Mills Brothers

5. Spanky Wilson – “Sunshine of Your Love” on Cosmosonica: Crazy Covers, Vol. 1  (2005) Original: Cream

6. Led Zeppelin – “Gallows Pole” on Led Zeppelin III (1970) Original: Huddie “Leadbelly” Leadbetter

7. Emmerson Nogueira – “Owner of a Lonely Heart” on Versao Acústica (2001) Original:Yes

8. Celia Cruz/Tito Puente – “Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In” on Quimbo Quimbumbia (1969) Original: The 5th Dimension

9. Inger Marie Gunderson – “Let it be Me” on Make this Moment (2004) Original: The Everly Brothers

10. John Mayer – “I'm On Fire” on Battle Studies (Deluxe Edition) (2009) Original: Bruce Springsteen

11. Fiest – “Inside and Out” on Let it Die (2004) Original: The Bee Gees

12. The Chosen Few – “People Make the World Go Round” on Hit after Hit (1973) Original: The Stylistics

13. DJ B.Cause“Let it Whip” (Prowlin Half-Time Rework) Original: The Dazz Band

No comments:

Post a Comment